DCSIMG
Archivist on the Road: Colorado - Archives of American Art Blog

« Rolling Through Summer | Main | Beards of Note - William Morris Hunt »

Thursday, July 22, 2010

http://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a01156f8c7eb4970c0133f24ebbc3970b

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Archivist on the Road: Colorado:

I am actually dying of envy, all the way from Prague, Jason. This is so awesome. What a beautiful space!

I read with great interest this post as I am greatly concerned with what is becoming a crisis in the senior citizen community as far as affordable housing.

Many seniors are facing the fact that their homes, and investments have devalued to the point that they are wondering how they will ever afford things like assisted living when and if they need it.

However I see a workable answer to the problem in what Mr Fleming created so many years ago. Perhaps seniors can band together to form communities of affordable housing complete with assisted living caregivers.

Thank you for your post it has provided a new direction of thought.

Thomas

Have always enjoyed seeing geodesic homes, knowing they are the strongest know structure using the least materials, giving the ability to create warmth and ambiance on a minimal budget. Perfect setting in most places, especially Colorado. Work well done! Nice floor paint also, having somewhat of a gloss making for ease with any clean-up.

Very cool, Jason. I spent the last couple years living on an old hippie commune in Northern California. The cabins were all hand-crafted, and there was a domed cabin similar to this one. The builders purposefully bucked conventional designs, one even going to so far as using no 90 degree angles. Unfortunately, art does not always agree with function... it was falling apart. So I am glad to see that there are some leftover hippies that know how to make something unique and functional! Beautiful work.

Not only are the costs of housing for seniors (of which I am one) increasing, but there is an alarming increase in utility costs that could force us from our home.

I have been trying to make as many changes as possible to make our home more "green", but that is expensive as well.

Cool dome! Looks like you had a great time

pretty nice place, nice car :)
nature trip

wow, the house looks very simple, I'd certainly want to have one of these house to spend a weekend getaway of relaxation

I have ridden through much of this land however not as far south. It must have been cool being in the dome house & I'm sure the stories. I once seen a home that looked like this in Florida. Thanks for sharing a bit of your journey.

Ken

That is great, we wouldn't get away with building something like that over here in the UK though

Cool photos, who is the photographer? And there is something special with the shape of the house, it's very unique indeed!

I am seriously going to start using all of that! Thank you so much, I am not even kidding! There is nothing that I hate more than coming up with content all the time to barely keep our real estate blog up. It's just so time consuming - so thanks again!

The house and the third photo are really unique, you could play something fun at the top of the house!

That sounds like an interesting community that Dean created, simple and far from the chaos of the high tech world. The house has a resemblance to an igloo, seems warm and cozy inside and any home that is built lovingly by hands is great home to live in. Thanks for sharing your adventures.

The picture like my neighborhood. I love it

Let's Keep in Touch

Sign up for our newsletter!

Tumblr Updates