DCSIMG
I.J. Belmont Papers: Grist for the Musicological Mill - Archives of American Art Blog

« Calling all art sleuths! | Main | 100th Digitized Collection Online! »

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

http://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a01156f8c7eb4970c0133f2ba6f4a970b

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference I.J. Belmont Papers: Grist for the Musicological Mill:

I must be grateful to accidentally visit the site. See, I have got a lot of valuable stuffs from here that I don't even expect. And one more important is I enjoyed a lot whilst reading it..your post is really entertaining and informative at the same time.

Great Article! thanks

It was a really nice idea! Just wanna say thank you for the information you have fanned. Just continue publishing this kind of post. I will be your loyal reader. Thanks once more.

wow! what a tranquil view, makes my heart blue and the deafness of silence kills me

I understand the reason for watermarking these images, but it really detracts from their enjoyment. Wah.

This is fascinating as you may have heard of Messaien or Liszt or other famous composers who had synesthesia, who interpreted music as colors. And if there's an artist such as Ira Jean Belmont who has this ability or trait, then wouldn't it be fascinating if they could do a series of art or paintings on famous musical pieces and see if us ordinary folks can see what they see, or "see what they hear"! I would love to see more works of hers.

Wow! I really like the article. It's really stress relieving seeing paintings like that. I hope I can read more articles from you.

Best idea i've seen so far. That image is beautiful..is that oil or water???

very good!!

I am new here and I want to tell that I so much love your blog. Very informative and very classic.

How nice to have been listening to John Sibelius's music today and to stumble on to this great article. What a coincidence! I'm one of the worlds biggest fans and classical music is high on my list to listen to but am just really discovering Sibelius and his music and I must say I love what I hear so far. I must say his style is more along the lines of Beethoven, Wagner or Mozart as I'm more into the French Impressionists but I still love his style and sound.

Thanks for a great article!

Hope that classical music can be given a chance to be promoted again for our young people instead of the pop disturbing music they have today.

Let's Keep in Touch

Sign up for our newsletter!

Tumblr Updates