DCSIMG
The Bird is the Word - Archives of American Art Blog

« Patti Smith: Author, performer, artist, friend of the Archives | Main | The Camera Does Lie »

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

http://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a01156f8c7eb4970c0134892f80b2970c

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference The Bird is the Word:

Hello Susan, nice blog to read, thanks for sharing the article about turkey bird. I got useful information from this article

Susan, good article. We have many wild turkeys around our home and when I see them I often wonder how much they differ from their domestic kin. These birds do seem pretty darn smart and interesting. Even so, I don't think they have received their fair share in the art world. And, no, those stupid kitchen decorations don't count.

Interesting that 100+ years ago, turkeys used to say "gobel, gobel, gobel" (see sketch) and now they say "gobble, gobble, gobble", and that is what we do to them on Thanksgiving Day.

Thank you Mr. Franklin for losing that battle. I still prefer the wild kind for my dinner table but very hard to get.

This is a great article. Anyone know where could I read articles with same idea as this one?

nice blog susan, i like your article with birds!!

Interesting article. I'm doing a life drawing class at the moment which is great - you think you know the shape of the human body till you try drawing it. But our model doesn't always turn up. Maybe we should keep a turkey on standby (not frozen - although even that would have interesting shadows .....)

Just like the turkey, pigeons are a very smart breed of bird as well, in particular the homing pigeon. But I still rather have turkey for thanksgiving then pigeon lol :)

Very nice post on this site.

The wild turkey is a remarkable for it being to continue to spread across much of the country. Sometimes this has been done by restocking them into areas where had once lived but their number decreased because of over hunting or loss of habitat. The mature male turkey are truly magnificent when they are in their breeding plumage.

Is a turkey really a bird or a chicken?

thanks for sharing the article about turkey bird and maybe some people will think for a moment about how life would be without this grand bird:)

My first job out of college was in Monroe, North Carolina, near the home of the Cuddy Turkey Co. (Also seen everywhere were Holly Farms chicken houses). Anyway, as I drove to my interview before hire, I noticed both sides of both lanes of traffic lined with large white feathers. I thought there must have been a parade or something! But it was just the afterglow of hundreds of truckloads of big, white roaster turkeys (pre-roasting, of course!).

Let's Keep in Touch

Sign up for our newsletter!

Tumblr Updates