DCSIMG
My Portrait of Anwar Sadat - Archives of American Art Blog

« American Women Tastemakers: Betty Parsons and the Betty Parsons Gallery | Main | An archivist’s work is never done! »

Monday, March 28, 2011

http://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a01156f8c7eb4970c0147e2c0a61f970b

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference My Portrait of Anwar Sadat:

Audrey, the painting appears so realistic in the picture that it looks like you are applying makeup to Mr. Sadat. He certainly had a very expressive face that I remember well from the news when I was much younger.

As one of the most esteemed presidents of Egypt, Anwar El-Sadat influences me. Rest in peace!

Wow. Audrey. Great story and love that personal letter. May he RIP. What a great painting and so true to life. I was just in Egypt late last year and missed the uprising. I am glad to see that the Egyptians are taking over their life and government.

That is a great portrait of Anwar Sadat. Almost looks like a real photo of him.

This portrait is stunningly realistic, it's wonderful. Seeing the picture, I first thought it was a photo montage. It's incredible, the composition of the picture helps, it is not clear where the limits of the painting and it seems that the artist puts down his brush on a huge wax doll ultra-realistic.
What mastery of painting!

I have a great fondness of your work and think its awsome. I am in the painting field myself and really admire your work. I hope you keep sharing your work. Robert

It's incredible what you've done in this painting! Congrats and keep up the good work!

Wow. You decided you would paint his picture and then you got a call asking you to. That sounds like "The Secret." That's amazing that it ended up in his hands. Thanks for sharing.

As a photographer, I am always very impressed with paintings that capture an image with such clarity and depth. Thank you for sharing.

If Anwar Sadat was not assassinated, he would still be President of Egypt until today and Egypt could have been still one of the greatest countries in the world.

As one of the most esteemed presidents of Egypt, Anwar El-Sadat influences me. Rest in peace! He is so great! What u have drawn is nearly the same as him.

I have been going through your blog for a while. The kind of resources you have amassed is really praiseworthy. It certainly shows the kind of passion you have for this topic. I would love to see it updated more frequently. Carry on the good work.

As an artist and as I have seen your work truly it is an honor to do paintings especially if these paintings can give a meaningful illustration for people, object and places.

Let's Keep in Touch

Sign up for our newsletter!

Tumblr Updates