DCSIMG
Little Pictures Big Lives - Archives of American Art Blog

« Archivist on the Road: Homecoming | Main | American Women Tastemakers: Dorothy Canning Miller »

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

http://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a01156f8c7eb4970c014e89d319f6970d

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Little Pictures Big Lives:

This is cool! Nice to remember they were "just people" like the rest of us. I really like the one of Jackson Pollock with his dogs :)

Often we only get access to these photos well after they were taken. The relationship of people to their camera differs significantly over time and I expect that this can play a part in how they are different too.

I definitely consider the above photos to have more creative merit (composition, angles/diagonals, social documentary) than most "throw away" shots I see from the normal person now that could be who they are or simply that "throw away" photos then were less throw away and more expensive than now.

Picture of a past

This is a really interesting collection of snapshots. Looking into the lives of others is sometimes fascinating. I like the polaroid of the woman looking at polaroids.

Your writing skills are impressive and your posts always interesting. Great work.

Let's Keep in Touch

Sign up for our newsletter!

Tumblr Updates