DCSIMG
Burchfield's Souvenir - Archives of American Art Blog

« Jerome Caja: Unearthing the Unearthly | Main | Who Wore it Best: Archives of American Art Edition »

Monday, December 02, 2013

http://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a01156f8c7eb4970c019b0200821f970c

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference Burchfield's Souvenir:

I am so touched by this story. This watercolor and letter to his sister was just so lovely! I am sure this gave her a glimmer of joy amidst the double tragedies in their lives. This Christmas season is going to be so sad for some families who have lost loved ones recently. My prayers go out to all of them...along with memories of this wonderful painting. Thank you for sharing this online! As an artist, I hope one day I will contribute something so poignant.

Is that parchment paper used for the image shown? The paper looks much more dated than the date suggests.

Lovely painting...art, like music, is one of those mediums that can capture the human spirit like nothing else. Sometimes it is difficult to find the words to express love to family members, but art, even the simplest scribble from a toddler, reminds us that even in trying circumstances, there are worlds of beauty all around us.

Let's Keep in Touch

Sign up for our newsletter!

Tumblr Updates